Fine food at your fingertips in Cooks Hill, NSW
You won’t have to travel far for dining out in Cooks Hill, Newcastle. There’s something to tickle every tastebud in Cooks Hill and its surrounding area. Darby Street is the vibrant hub of all things food, wine, and coffee, or venture a few minutes further to The Junction, with delicious eateries and options galore. Find a strip of al fresco restaurants along the harbour at Honeysuckle, or tuck yourself in to the East End for pubs and wine bars at the top of town. Perhaps you like your cocktails with a side of summer breeze? Check out Merewether Surfhouse for relaxed café options, pizza at sunset, or fine dining overlooking the ocean.
Here are some of our local favourites:
- The Autumn Rooms – coffee and breakfast, Darby Street
- Welsh Blacks – almost at your front door, Bull Street
- The Oriental Hotel – woodfired pizza and live music, Bull Street
- Wil & Sons – relaxed fine dining, Darby Street
- Talulah’s – delicious lunch options, The Junction
- The Falcon – US-inspired cuisine and bar, Pacific Street
- Bocados – Spanish-style eatery, King Street
- The Edwards – rustic dining and drinking, Parry Street
- Bar Petite – cocktails, tapas and live music, East End
- Akuna Café – fresh bowls and healthy eats, Merewether.
More About Dining Out from Our Blog
All Newcastle City beaches are patrolled every day in summer and Nobbys Beach, Bar Beach and Merewether Beach are patrolled all year round. Just a 10 min drive from Cooks Hill Parkside Apartment.
These cafes are ultra casual, child and pet friendly. Not far from Cooks Hill Parkside Apartment, a 10min walk.
Most of the local beaches have a coffee shop options, ultra casual, child and pet friendly. Just a 10min walk from Cooks Hill Parkside Apartment.
Local Markets. We have local farmers market and artisan and vintage markets. Special event markets and school fetes. About a 10 minute drive from Cooks Hill Parkside.
The shopping in Newcastle is unreal, it depends on what you are looking for or what you want to do at the same time. We have the traditional indoor shopping malls of Westfield Kotara, with David Jones, Target, Kmart, big grocery stores, high end shopping, speciality...