One-of-a-kind local finds in
Cooks Hill NSW
Newcastle is pretty proud of its homegrown artists, makers, and creatives, with myriad boutique shops and galleries everywhere you turn. See the unique flavours on offer by strolling down Darby Street and popping into independent stores like Abicus, Willows Home Traders, and Blooms on Darby. Walk or cycle to The Junction, Hunter Street Mall, or The Station – bustling hubs of activity and creativity. A short drive away, find beautiful stores and local institutions along the main street in New Lambton (Regent St) and Islington (Maitland Rd). If big brands are more to your liking, Westfield Kotara and Charlestown Square are nearby, full to bursting with fashion labels, chain stores, Myer, and David Jones.
Cooks Hill Newcastle is most famous for our Saturday and Sunday market days – thriving, creative culture promoting a “shop local” vibe. Check out Olive Tree Markets, walking distance from Cooks Hill Parkside, Homegrown Markets, an eco-focused celebration of handmade products and art at the old renovated Newcastle Station precinct, and The Rummage by Hunt&Gather for pre-loved fashion.
Some of our favourite unique shops to explore:
- Honest Paper Co – art and stationery, The Junction
- The Lair – fashion and lifestyle, Hunter Street Mall
- Blackbird Corner – wares, reads, jewellery, gifts, Darby Street
- The Green Altar – plants, linen, ceramics, The Station
- Maker Store – handmade fashion and natural beauty, Parry Street
- The Grateful – fashion and good deeds, Carrington
- Savant Apothecary – bespoke skin care, The Junction
- Too Cool For School – coolest kids store, The Junction
- Secret Book Stuff – second-hand books, The Station
More About Shopping from Our Blog
All Newcastle City beaches are patrolled every day in summer and Nobbys Beach, Bar Beach and Merewether Beach are patrolled all year round. Just a 10 min drive from Cooks Hill Parkside Apartment.
These cafes are ultra casual, child and pet friendly. Not far from Cooks Hill Parkside Apartment, a 10min walk.
Most of the local beaches have a coffee shop options, ultra casual, child and pet friendly. Just a 10min walk from Cooks Hill Parkside Apartment.
Local Markets. We have local farmers market and artisan and vintage markets. Special event markets and school fetes. About a 10 minute drive from Cooks Hill Parkside.